New Work in Progress - Winter in My Soul



WINTER IN MY SOUL
First self-portrait since 1990.
Inspired by a song by Maurice Sparrow




Master, can you show me?
I have lost the way.
I have taken a blind alley and it’s hard to pray.
I have closed the eyes that led me
Through the darkest day,
And I’ve fallen
Where the thorns begin to grow.
I have felt the summer shower when the sun is bright.
I have known the warmest hour in the stormy night,
But I’ve seen it all turn sour
With the winter blight.
And the bitter frost brings winter to my soul.
I have known the love that touched me when I first was born.
I have learned to reach my hand out when I fear the storm.
But this time
It’s not so easy, and I’m so afraid,
For the winter’s creeping nearer to my soul.
Won’t you touch me like you touched me when my day was born
and the newness of our twoness gave my heart a song?
I have been in desert places
For oh too long.
Breathe a wind to warm the winter in my soul.










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Newest Commission